Disney Class Registration

Hello Blogger World!

I noticed I have more and more people viewing my blog everyday, and that makes me very happy! So I am going to try and write more posts on here. I would like to treat this blog like a journal that other people can gain advice and help from, and so that later on I can come back and read about what I was going though.

Today I am writing about my process of class registration. It was a lot more complicated than I thought! This year the class registration was supposed to open up for us on November 9th at midnight (11:00pm for me in Mississippi), so technically November 10th.

The night of the 9th I got on the website, followed the link to register for class, and it came to a place where I had to enter my DORMS username and password...
at this point I was very confused. I tried entering my Disney College Program username and password that I use to get to my dashboard but it didn't work. I started to get worried. Just a heads up, they don't tell you how to get onto DORMS. My friends and I found out how to get our password. We clicked on the "forgot password" link, where we entered our email. This is the same email you use for the disney college program website. Then they emailed us a link where we could go and make our own password. This takes time, so keep time in mind.

Once I created my own password, I was able to log on to DORMS, but once I got there it said that registration was not open! I was very surprised, so I called my friend Marissa. She told me that the time classes opened was changed to Monday the 10th at 10:00 a.m. eastern time (9:00 my time). This was annoying, yet I felt a sense of relief. I still hadn't decided what class I wanted to take. Here is a breakdown of what I was thinking:

~ The most popular class is Exploring Disney Heritage. This is part of their explorative series. These classes are less intense than the other classes. They are shorter, being 2 hours long in class. Disney Heritage explores the history of Disney, and it has a scavenger hunt in Hollywood Studios at the end. It is VERY popular.
~My friend recommended the Corporate Analysis. This is one of the Collegiate courses. These courses are the ones that you can earn college credit for if your school will accept it. These classes are longer (3-4 hours). Corporate analysis explores the different partnerships with companies and companies owned by Disney, like ESPN. This course sounded really cool, but not quite for me. I couldn't see myself taking this course.
~ I decided to read through the syllabi of all the classes, which can be found here, and I found that the Collegiate course called The Interactive Learning Program ounded best for me. You can read about all the classes if you click the link, but The Interactive Learning Program sounded more fun and teaches you about many different aspects in the Disney Company.

So the next morning I got on my computer at 8:50 a.m (they opened at 10:00 a.m. eastern time). I started logging in to my DORMS account with my password that I had created the night before. I clicked Sign Up for Classes, then followed the directions on the website. It was rather easy except for one thing...

THE SITE WAS EXTREMELY SLOW

Literally everyone that had been accepted into the DCP was logging on to this website at the same time... it was CRAZY! Everytime I would try to move on to the next page, it turned white. I had to keep going back and refreshing the page. It took FOREVER! I was finally able to select the class I wanted, select the time I needed, and pay my class fee at about 9:50. It took almost an hour. My advice for ya'll is to get on the site early and keep trying, don't give up. Exploring Disney Heritage was full after about 45 minutes from what I heard. I got a confirmation email after I paid, and after I finalized my class.


So that was my experience registering for Classes with the Disney College Program! If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.