Disney Professional Internships: The Progress and The Waiting

Hello Everyone!

Here is the much needed update to how my Disney professional internship applications are going!  So I applied to 13 jobs total (my lucky number), and I ended up having 6 phone screenings! Some of which said they were for multiple internships in the same category. I loved doing the phone screenings, and getting to talk to many different recruiters was really cool.

So now I am waiting to hear some more information. The guest relations phone screening was the last interview for that role, and the next communication from them will be a final decision sometime mid to late April.

I have been NLIC'd (no longer in consideration) for 4 roles so far, 3 of which were PR jobs. That is okay though because even though that is my minor, I know I don't have as much experience in that particular area.

While on Spring Break in WDW, I did receive an invitation to do a phone interview for the Alliance Management Coordinator position with Corporate Alliances. I fell in love with this role after my phone screening, so I was thrilled to hear something back. I told them since I was in Orlando for Spring Break that I could do the interview in person, so we did. The interview went wonderfully! Now I just wait to hear if I get a blue jean interview over Skype. The one negative is that there is a possibility that the current intern will extend, which was a bit disappointing to hear at first. But I won't lose hope yet!

So it has now been a week since I got back from Orlando, and there has not been any movement on my dashboard. I am getting very anxious now that April is coming up fast, but I still have hope that something will work out.



How I spent my St. Patrick's Day this year!




Sincerely,
Courtney S.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.