Letter From an Disney Professional Intern

Hello Everyone,

Wowee wow I can't believe I have not written on here in so long. I'm sorry everyone! I feel like there is so much to say, but I will try to keep this letter short and sweet.

I am writing from sunny Orlando on January 30, 2018. It is a brand new year, and I have been the Disney Cruise Line Sales Assistant Professional Intern since June 2017. I work in the Celebration Offices for Disney Cruise Line and Disney Travel Industry Sales. It has been an amazing learning experience, and fortunately it isn't ending! I had the extended my internship through June, so I will have an entire year of experience in this role.

Coming back to work for Disney as an intern in an office has been a very strange and exciting experience. For those of you hoping to work as a Disney Professional Intern, I warn you, it is very different from a College Program and working in the parks. It is absolutely wonderful in many ways, but you have to find your own ways to make magic (which isn't hard if you know where to look). Each internship is unique, and you could luck out and get an internship that has you traversing the backstage corridors of Hollywood Studios or sailing on the ships assisting with photo shoots. In my role I work from my cubicle every day, but I have opportunities that are priceless.

I will have to do a post where I talk about the highlights from my first half, but I wanted to remind the Blogosphere that I am not dead, and the internship is going swimmingly. I have also decided that I would like to re-brand my blog. As I search for a creative outlet in my daily life, I no longer want to be solely Disney. Don't get me wrong, Disney is my life, but I want to also talk about my travels and inspirations as well. I look forward to see what I evolve this space in to, and I hope you all enjoy it! I welcome thoughts and feedback.

Me on my second day as a Disney Professional Intern (I no longer have bangs, thank goodness)


See ya real soon.

Love,

Courtney S.
The Disney Darling

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.