Disney Professional Internships: Blue Jean/ Skype Interview and #1 Tip!

Hello Everyone!

So much happened in this past week in terms of internship progress, and things are really starting to move along. On Monday I received an email to do a Blue Jeans interview for the Alliance Management Coordinator position with Corporate Alliances (basically a Skype interview). I was so excited because this is my first choice right now! I scheduled the interview for Friday, April 7th which is the last day from the options provided they were interviewing.

Then at lunch time, I received a call to schedule a time to interview for the Disney Cruise Line Sales Assistant internship over Skype. I scheduled that for Wednesday, March 29th in the morning. That gave me very little time to prepare, but I felt like I could do it. It just sort of happened that way over the phone; the lady seemed to want to schedule it as soon as possible.

The interview went really well on Wednesday (Disney Cruise Line Sales Assistant). I spoke with two of the managers currently working in the department, as well as the current intern, over FaceTime (The manager forgot she didn't have Skype on her computer). They were so charismatic and fun, and I loved getting to sit down and speak with them. I can imagine working on their team would be a blast. The role is very technical, but I think it would be a great learning experience.

QUICK ADVICE FOR INTERVIEW!

Courtney's #1 Tip: BE YOURSELF

  • At this point, once at a Blue Jean Interview, they know you are qualified! There is not need to babble on more about how experienced and wonderful you are. It may come across as conceited. At this point, they want to know if you will fit on the team and get along with everyone. Be personable, crack a joke and show them that you are a likable and flexible person that will be a great addition to the Disney team. 

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster because along with these wonderful opportunities, I also received a lot of emails telling me I am no longer in consideration. I had been keeping Guest Relations in the back of my head as an option because I knew that was the role I am most qualified for. But this week I received an email telling me that I was no longer in consideration for the internship. I was a bit upset about this just because I knew I would be an amazing Guest Relations cast member, and I would  have loved the opportunity to work in the parks. C'est la vie!

Here is my current standing:


There is a lot of No Longer in Consideration, but the bottom line is there is no way I can make it far with everything. That is why I applied to all the roles I felt qualified for and knew I could do well. My favorite roles turned out to be ones I stumbled on to by accident! So my advice would be defiantly explore all your options, because you never know what will be your best opportunity.

I know that in just a few weeks now I should know what my role will be (or not be). I am getting so anxious and excited about everything. In a bit over a month I will be graduating, so I am very ready to know what I will be doing for work! I just can't wait to call Orlando my home.



Love,
Courtney S. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.