My Home at the All Star Resorts

April 26, 2015
Hello everyone!
So I am currently at home in Louisiana right now! I have some extra time so I wanted to write a post with more updates about my program. After I'm done here I will probably post about coming home too. I was thinking about what to write about, and I thought it fitting to write about all my homes. I am going to post a blog about my apartment in Orlando later that is accompanied by a room tour video but today I am going to talk about my home at work.
I work at all three of the All Star resorts as a lobby concierge. When my program started, I was a bit nervous about working at a value resort. When  I was accepted  dreamed about orking at one of the deluxe resorts. I thought it would be amazing, but I was assigned a value resort. Now that I am actually here at Disney World, I realized that being assigned a value resort was a blessing in disguise.

Here are my reasons why I love working at the All Star:

  • I get to meet so many amazing families coming here to WDW. The value resorts have the greatest percentage of families staying there. I get to be the first person that family talks to at the beginning of their Disney vacation. I LOVE interracting with children so this is a perfect place for me. 
  • I am exposed to many different cultures. I was nervous about how many foreigners would come through, but it's really not as many as you would think. Value resorts have 11% non American guests, and it is so neat to talk with people from around the world. We also have a way to translate and easiliy communicate with our guests. It makes it so easy to treat them just like our other guests, and they are so thankful. Plus I get exposure to Spanish, which I am trying to become fluent in. 
  • My coworkers are fantastic! There are three resorts of college program people working at the All Stars, and they are all so great! I have met some people from around the world. One of my friends, Gemma, is from Australia, and another girl Jenny, is from Germany! We had a movie night just the other day and we all had so much fun. Everyone made food, and we watched Big Hero 6. I feel so hapy when I get to work alongside my fellow college program members.
  • My Leaders are amazing. A lot of them have done the college program, and are here now as managers. They understand us and are so great about working with us to make us comfortable and happy. We have many one- on- one meetings to make sure we are having a great experience. They are the ones who had the idea for the late night movie! They also set up backstage experiences for just college programs cast members. We already went to Expedition Everest behind the scenes, and next is Fantasmic!
  • I get great practice and experience. The All Star Resort is the biggest on Disney property and the busiest. I have more check ins and questions a day than any other resort on Disney property. We see many different challenenges every day, and I feel like I have learned so much already! People told me once you do the All Stars, you can do anything, and they were so right! I feel so prepared and knowledgeable when I go other places. 
  • I can pick up shifts ANYWHERE. That's right, I can pick up a shift at the Polynesian next week if I have a day to spare. I love that flexibilty and it makes me feel like I'm not confined to one place. I also and usually happy to return to the All Stars, which confirms to me that I am in the right place. 
  • First Visits! My favorte thing is when a family with the dining plan comes to me at the concierge desk to make dining reservations for their whole trip. It's amazing to show people what Disney has when they don't know! I get to help many families here on their fiest Disney trip to plan fastpasses and meals. It is so rewarding. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.