The First Week!

Hello Everyone!

So I am currently taking some me time to organise my vlogs and blog because I am SO behind. I apologize for these not being timely. Between training, work, playing, and our internet (which is AWFUL) I can never seem to get anything done. But I am chipping away at it c:

So I am going to talk about my first week! At check-in, we received a handy schedule with everything for the upcoming week on it. Mine was as follows:

Casting: Monday @ 1pm
Housing Meeting: Tuesday @ 1pm
Traditions: Thursday @ 2 pm
Welcome to Operations: Friday @ 7:30 am
Welcome to Lodging Front Desk: Sunday 8 am

Casting
I talked about this on my move-in day post because we were lucky enough to have casting the same day as Move-in. We went to the casting building and talked to some wonderful Disney cast members while taking care of some legal paperwork.

Housing Meeting
The housing meeting was about an hour and half long, and wasn't bad! They tried to make it fun. We walked in and there was music playing and fun slides on the screen. In the meeting we discussed the rules of the housing complex, and how to act. THe fun part was that we learned about all the fun events planned for the semester! Night of Stars and the Moonlit Splash are a couple that I am very much looking forward to :D

Off Day!
On Wednesday before Traditions, all of my roomies and I went to Universal Studios! We got our season passes, and went to explore! We had such a great day, and we got to ride everything we wanted to. The longest line we had to wait in was for the new Escape from Gringots ride, and it was so worth it. Disney always will have the number 1 spot in my heart, but its nice to go to Universal every now and then ;) We did both parks, and we were exhausted by the end of the day. On our way out, we had to snap this picture.
Roommates names to faces (from right to left) Wendi, Kelsey, Haley, Sara, Molly, and Me!

Traditions!
The day we all had been waiting for... TRADITIONS! We finally were going to start our adventure as Walt Disney World castmembers! Our room was very lucky and we all had the same Traditions time, but we ended up splitting in to two different rooms. I had my traditions class with Molly and Wendi. traditions was fun, but it also was a class. You learn lots of important Disney information that help you work as a good castmember. You also get to take a like walk through of the Magic Kingdom which is fun! There are other surprises as well but... I want to keep it a surprise!


Welcome to Operations
This was by far the most boring day of them all. They tried to make it fun, and I give Disney lots of credit for that, but it was just lots of information. You learn about the Four Keys in detail and how to implement them in the workplace. It was about 4 hours long for me. It wasn't too  bad. I had Kelsey with me so it made it easier; we made dances out of one part of the lesson. Let's just say the Andy Twerk was one (cast members... you know what I'm talking about).

Welcome to Lodging
This day was a continuation of Welcome to Operations. At the end of Welcome to Ops, everyone split up into their area of work, whether that be Park Operations, Food Service, or  Recreation. My group is lodging, and we had out section the next day (Welcome to Lodging). This day was similar to Welcome to Operations, but focused on lodging. I really like this day. We learned about all the different resorts and the differences. We learned about meal plans, and even planned a vacation for a family on a budget! This was fun and prepared me for the training to come. Next week... Destination Front Desk Cashier!

Love,
Courtney
The Disney Darling

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.