Summer 2016 Plans!!

Hello!

So this morning the applications dropped for the Summer 2016 alumni only DCP! And yes... I did apply ;D

I decided that I wanted to get back down to Orlando this summer, either doing a Professional Internship or another College Program. My first choice is the professional internship of course, but the applications for that have not opened yet.

I applied this morning for the summer 2016 College program. This is a program starting mid May to mid August offered to people who have successfully completed a previous CP. not all roles are offered. When I got to the screen that allowed me to choose which roles I will be open to and rank them, my options were:

  • Attractions (which now includes Main Entrance Ops and parking)
  • Bell Services Dispatch/Greeter
  • Custodial
  • Lifeguard
  • Merchandise
  • Quick-Service Food and Beverage
  • Recreation Attractions
  • Seater (before was called Full Service Food and Beverage)
The only roles I put no interest in were Lifeguard and Quick Service. My two high interest roles were Attractions and Merchandise. Basically, if I do not get a P.I., I would LOVE to work on an attraction inside the park. My goal is to be assigned an attraction with lots of guest interaction. I would LOVE to be a skipper on the jungle cruise, or maybe tower of terror. I just want to be inside the parks, inside the magic and the action.

Son't get me wrong, working in the resorts was a dream. It still felt like work though; I feel like the parks would have a whole different impact on me. Also, I would love to work in guest relations one day, so having experience inside the park would be helpful.

The applications for the Professional Internships have not opened yet, so i still have time to prepare for those! According to the people I've asked, if I accept a CP then get a PI, I will have the option to choose one with no penalty. I will be refunded my CP payment. I am getting super excited!!

One thing I am worried about is living. I do not want to live in CP housing while there over the summer; I would love to live with some of my friends who have an apartment already. This is something I will probably ask my interviewer about. 
I will keep ya'll posted about my progress!!
WOO ROUND 2!

Sincerely.
Courtney S.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.