Summer College Program

Hello Everyone!

So my life lately has been a crazy whirlwind of work, school, and sorority shenanigans. I have been stressed out to the max. It didn't help me that last Thursday I was NLIC'd for the Alumni only Summer DCP.... yup. I was so upset when I heard. They posted on the facebook page the night before that they will no longer be sending out acceptances for the program, then I got my email the next morning. They said they received way more applications than they anticipated, and everyone was qualified since we had already done a program. I was still very upset.

I gave myself a day to mope, then I HAD to keep moving forward. It suddenly hit me that my plan to get down to Orlando again for the summer may not actually happen... That's not an option for me. I need to maximize my options of employment  if  I am going to make sure I am in Orlando this summer.

So I did the unthinkiable.....

I applied for an internship at Universal Studios

I know. I feel liek a traitor. But the thing is, Universal's Internship opportunities are made for students like me. Ones that haven't graduated and can only work in the summer. They have no fall internships, just summer. So I applied for a Public Relations intern with them! Now I have two chances to get to Orlando. Disney also opened a new internship that is for Communications Studies students. It just isn't exactly what I was looking to do, but it's something!

So that is what is happening in the world of the Disney Darling... she may be working in Universal Studios!

Internships:
Social Media Content Management Intern, Corporate = Disney

Public Relations/ Social Media Intern = Universal Studios

Walt Disney World Technical Writer Internship = Disney



Sincerely,
Courtney Stephens

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.