I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!!

October 28, 2014
So I have some amazing news for everyone! I have been accepted for the Spring 2015 Disney College Program! This adventure is really going to happen everyone!!

It seems so unreal right now! So here come some details:
A you know, I was pended on September 24th. I was not sure why I was pended, but I knew it meant that I would have to wait longer than others. So my best friend as well as my friend here at school both were accepted two weeks before me. One received the role of Full Service Food and Beverage (FSFB) and the other got Quick Service Food and Beverage (QSFB). I was so happy for them, and I knew they would hear before me so I didn't let it bother me. It did get much harder to wait though. I had another friend at school, Krista, who was also pended so it was easier to wait with her. Then on October 22nd, she heard back from Disney receiving the role of Merchandise! I was so happy the wait was over for her, but it made my wait very hard. Thursday was a very hard day for me. Then I woke up Friday morning, and went to check my phone. I figured there may be a wave today, but I wasn't expecting one. The I saw it...



I had been accepted!
I may or may not have started crying...
My first instinct was to go check my role. Now I had dreams about what role I would get. All my experience is in food service, so I had a feeling that was where I was going. I love food service, but my major is communications and I feel like my talents would be used best elsewhere. So in my interview, I told my interviewer that my top role was hospitality/concierge or character attendant. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine what this lovely email told me my role was. The role that Disney had accepted me for was *drumroll*...


CONCIERGE!

I love reading vlogs and watching videos, and my first every trip videos and reports I read belonged to a lady named Jess. She did the program two years ago as concierge, and here I am, following in her footsteps! I could not be happier with any other role. I will get to talk to people all day about DISNEY! And get paid for it!! Could life be any better?? 

The one bad thing about getting this amazing role, was that I could not room with my best friend and my other two friends. I was not able to select the same move-in day, so we can not be roommates. I am not worried though, because now I can meet new, amazing, Disney friends!

So now I will be moving to Disney on February 2nd!! Let's start the countdown! I will be posting more blogs, my vlogs, and other things recording my preparation for my lovely adventure. I hope to gain some lovely followers to experience this with me, so don't hesitate, subscribe!

Love, Courtney
The Disney Darling

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.